This website then will not be maintained.
Kindly consult my new private website .
Junior Professor for Mathematical Modelling in Biomedical Engineering
Head of the research team "Mathematical Methods in Biological Image Analysis" MAMEBIA
Deputy Women's Representative at the Faculty of Mathematics
Zentrum Mathematik, M6
Technische Universität München
- We are planning a Summer School on "New Trends and Directions in Harmonic Analysis, Fractional Operator Theory, and Image Analysis", 17. - 21. Sept. 2012, at Inzell
- Mar. 2012: Invited Presentation at the GAMM section S21, Darmstadt.
- Mar. 2012: Invited Presentation at the Observatoire de Lyon CRAL.
- Feb. 2012: Oral Examination for my course on distributions. Students are asked to inscribe for the exam at my office.
- Feb. 2012: Our DAAD-cooperation with Aveiro, Portugal, starts with a visit by Profs. Kähler, Cerejeiras, and Ferreira.
- Feb. 2012: Presentation at the Rhein-Ruhr-Workshop.
- Jan. 2012: Manuscript "Periodic Splines of Complex Order" (with Peter Massopust and Thomas Übelacker) accepted for publication in Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization.
- Nov. 2011: My idea for an adventure playground and work-out area at the Campus Garching of the TUM is kindly supported by this year's matinee of the Bund der Freunde der TU München. As a result of the matinee, TUM benefits from donations of more than 23.000 Euro for child care initiatives. (Press release, unfortunately with wrong date.)
- Mathematical Methods in Biological Image Analysis
- Function theory: Nonharmonic Fourier series and Dirichlet series on convex polygons, growth estimates for entire functions of special type
- Approximation theory, sampling and interpolation
- Harmonic analysis, especially wavelet analysis, complex wavelets, phase information
- Integral transforms for signal and image analysis
- Biomedical imaging
- DAAD-PPP-Project on Conformal monogenic frames for image analysis in collaboration with Prof. Uwe Kähler , Aveiro, Portugal
- Oberseminar: Mathematische Methoden der Bildverarbeitung
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft über Approximationstheorie, Harmonische Analysis und Wavelets
- Member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
- Associate Editor of the Wavelet Digest , the free and non-commercial electronic newsletter since 1992, linking together the multi-disciplinary wavelet community
- Image Fusion/Extended Depth of Field , Plugin for ImageJ
The package is now part of the Fiji Image Processing Package
- Monogenic Wavelet Toolbox, Plugin for ImageJ
- Mass Tracker, Plugin for ImageJ
- Marie Curie Excellence Team MAMEBIA “Mathematical Methods in Biological Image Analysis” funded by the European Commission at the Helmholtz Zentrum München, Sept. 2005.
- Max Anliker Memorial Poster Award at the Annual Meeting of the Swiss Society of Biomedical Engineering (SSBE’04), Zurich ZH, Switzerland, Sept. 2004.
- Marie Curie Fellowship within the Training Network HASSIP “Harmonic Analysis and Statistics for Signal and Image Processing” funded by the European Commission for research at the Biomedical Imaging Group, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, Oct. 2003.
- Postdoctoral grant of the German Academy of Natural Scientists Leopoldina for one year research at the Biomedical Imaging Group, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, July 2002.
- Award for the doctoral thesis from the Hurwitz-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Mathematik an der TU München, Nov. 2001.
- Award for the diploma thesis from the Hurwitz-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Mathematik an der TU München, June 1999.
- Diploma: Andreas Hangauer (2010), Claudia Nilles (2010), Thomas Übelacker (2010), Susanne Schmalkalt (2009), Christian Klaiber (2008), Martin Storath (2008), Jürgen Frikel (2007), Sebastian Kluge (2006), Iris Grabmeier (2006), Karin Knör (2006)
- Bachelor: Kristof Schröder (2010)